WHAT A MANAGER REALLY WANTS
PRODUCTION (OVER THE QUOTA PERFORMANCE.)
TIME AND TERRITORY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Goals- What am I going to get done today? This week? This month?
- Prioritization: Most important things first.
- Focus: Daily production, reports on time, projects completed, etc.
- Follow up: Customer queries/ calls handled immediately.
- Crisis Management: Problems handled, customers soothed.
- Image and Impression
- Woo & Warm
- Energy, Intensity, Stamina
- Engagement, Involvement, Commitment
STRATEGIC SELLING SKILLS
- I.D. Gatekeepers, Influences, and Decision Makers
- Analysis of Customer’s Need; recognition of Hot Buttons.
- Solution Selling: “Added Value” not low price
- Closing Skills and Strength
MULTI-YEAR TRACK RECORD OF PERFORMANCE
- Self Presentation Binder or Hero File.
- Stack Rankings
- Performance Statistics
- Awards Won.
- Recognition Letters
- Customer Appreciation Letters
- Reference Letters
TO FEEL “SOLD” DURING THE INTERVIEW.
- To visualize the person “doing the job.”
- Management needs fit management/ company style.
- Feel convinced candidate will be an overachiever.
- Have confidence in candidate’s commitment.
- Able to visualize a fast start.
- Believe candidate can earn promotions up ladder.